All Of A Sudden Everything I thought Mattered, Didn't...
I could easily find a million things to complain about in this moment, but instead I choose to see the bright side.
I had so many things planned for the next couple of months, but in the grand scheme of things, nothing even matters.
It's so easy to complain, but it's the recognition of the blessings we have, in spite of our situation, that gives flight to hope that will get us to the other side of this.
I get it though, 2020 has been vicious thus far! I don't know about ya'll, but for the first time I entered into this year ready to fight.
I was ready to face whatever liar told me I wasn't good enough, worthy enough, or made for this.
So it seems only right that I keep the same energy.
So here's what I'm planning on implementing to stay focused and ready:
1. First things first, I'm still getting business done. I have a full time job, and begrudgingly (joyfully lol) I'll still being doing what I got to do, because I need that check to invest in what I'm building for the future. Not to mention, so many are losing their job. So for me to play with mine would be childish.
Let's not let staying at home prove to that liar that you weren't made for this.
Do your job, but clock out when it's time and use that time, that use to be your commute time, to get ahead of the game.
With that time, I'll be able to get my kids fed earlier, I could grab me something to eat before I workout without rushing, or maybe I can get something done in the house that I've been putting off. Even if it's only 20 - 30 minutes it can be helpful. No matter what, don't use it to give more to the job that you already gave most of your day to.
2. I'm keeping my routine (some what). Why? Because routine is essential to discipline. It's definitely not because I want to wake up and roll out of bed straight to my computer. It's definitely not because I don't want to eat everything in site because I'm bored. I'm just trying to be consistent, and consistency, needs routine, and they all = discipline that's needed to achieve more.
3. I'm still drinking my water! Water helps you remain focused and energized, gives your immune system a boost, improves digestion, and helps curve those cravings. So I highly suggest sticking with your water goals while you are stuck at home. It is suggested that we
drink 1/2 our body weight in water in ounces daily. So, take your weight divide by 2, and you'll get the amount you should be drinking.
Example: 200 lbs / 2 = 100 oz. of water daily
4. I'm sleeping! Yes, now is the time to put that super hero complex down. Sleep when we can, and stop fighting it. Like our parents used to say, "go lay down, you ain't missing nothing!" That is a word! We ain't missing anything, lets get our sleep on during this time. Take a nap, take a rest day, do nothing. I believe this time we are in, will definitely prove to us that we don't have to be on go all the time to create something dope, make people happy, or stay connected to the world. Use this time to take it slow, and grow.
4. What I'm not doing, is spending more time on social media. My reason
I don't want to spend my extra time looking and staring, and that takes being alone with you, finding out what God thinks and what you think.
Sometimes when we have too much time on our hands, we spend it not being kind to ourselves because we use it looking and watching, instead of just doing.
So I guess the point of this is to spend your time making plans to bring your #WeekendISH goals, dreams, and vibes to the weekday.
Above All Be safe, stay home.